DC Fitness

Obesity is a major risk factor for liver in middle-aged people

0
Obesity


study has found that one in eight middle-aged people in the UK suffers from liver disease due to obesity. A scan of about 3,000 people in the Bio bank Research Project found that about 12 per cent  The British Liver Trust says the results are "very worrying" and a "wake-up call" because such a condition can cause severe liver failure and death.  May occur

Hematologists say liver disease disease is sort of a silent epidemic. Scientists in the UK have developed a state-of-the-art software for diagnosing liver disease that will help treat and diagnose liver disease.  One in eight people in the UK suffers from liver disease.


This is worrying because its symptoms do not appear before the damage is done.


However, he said that if diagnosed in time, it can be cured. Francis Carroll, 52, of Oxford, was told seven years ago that he had fatty liver disease.  He weighed 116 kg.  But now he has lost 42 kg. Frances said: 'When I was told I had liver disease, I was shocked but I was determined to do something about it.


I started eating a healthier diet and then started exercising with it.  Now I am happy that I am back to normal. Now she teaches in fitness class and gives nutrition advice. She said: I could not have imagined in 2011 that I could become a personal trainer because I  If I walked a little, my breath would swell and now I run at a height.

He has now undergone a new type of MRI scan which shows that his liver is now healthy and strong.

The results of the MRI, led by Oxford scientists, were presented to the International Liver Congress  This test has been completed with the help of modern software.  It was developed by Oxford University's Prospectus Diagnostic Company.

Dry Rasher Banerjee, CEO of Prospectus, said: "For the clear benefit of NHS, taxpayers and patients, UK doctors and scientists have developed Liver Multi-Scan, a great example of smart health technology. Liver biopsy is an important part of hematology, but we needed something that could test the severity of liver disease without inserting a needle.

This software tool can be used in any MRI but is not yet part of routine assessment. Sao Thompson

General is the first NHS hospital to use this new system in addition to the research center.  David Brain, an associate professor of radiology in Southampton, says it will reduce the need for a biopsy.  It is also easy. We can re-scan the patient and find out if there is any benefit.


0 comments:

Post a Comment